Prior to the development of the centre of Baildon in the 1960s it was very differnt. Many of the older buildings still exist but the demolition of buildings on Kelcliffe, Browgate, Northgate and Hallcliffe allowed the roads to be widened and the Ian Clough car park to be built. Baildon Centre includes:-
- Towngate the area around the Potted Meat Stick and the Cross and Stocks.
- Browgate is the road heading south from the Towngate roundabout to Baildon Road and to Shipley.
- Manor Fold was off the bottom of Hallcliffe. I include Manor Croft and Fountain Fold
- Westgate the road West from the Towngate roundabout towards West Lane. Photos
- Northgate the road from Towngate to Baildon Moor.