Comment on facebook for this photo Aug 2018 by Stephen Cheetham:-
My uncle Lesley had that demolished to make way for petrol pumps and a workshop where those petrol pump are in the photo. Wonder if that's my uncle strolling across the yard.
Tonie Dobby outside Baildon Moor Garage in 1984.
Baildon Moor Garage is on the site of the wheelwright shop run by Robinson Halliday. On the very left of the photo of the demolition is the gable end of 38 Northgate, the building shown in the 2013 photo of the garage.
2019 and the garage is still owned by Tonnie Dobby.
- High Class Grocer. A E Fox. 1964.
- Best in Butter, Bacon & Ham
- Est 1919
- Woodlander. Gifts and Furniture. 2002
- Websters of Baildon. Fish & Chips. 2002.
- For Sale Dec 2018. The owners in 2018 have owned it since 1999.
rightmoove website Dec 2018
FISH & CHIPS TAKEAWAY AND RESTAURANT for Sale.
Very exciting opportunity to acquire this very popular and well known fish and chips takeaway and restaurant which our clients have owned since 1999. Located in this beautiful village location – it will be difficult to find a better business currently on the market. The business enjoys an excellent reputation. Very profitable concern which will continue to go from strength to strength under the right operator. This is a beautifully presented and maintained detached property adjacent to a busy Co-Op with plenty of parking on the doorstep. The outsales side is spacious, bright and tastefully presented with a fully tiled customer side, large counter with five pan Frank Ford island range and LED menu board. The restaurant is self-contained with an entrance lobby leading to a large split level 90+ cover restaurant. To the rear is a large preparation kitchen, potato room, cutting room, store and WC.
- John Peel. Manufacturers of flocks. 2002
- Baildon Moor Garage. 2002. For 50 years.
- 1964 BUDC Official Guide
- Baildon Community Council Handbook. 2002.
- https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-68655994.html rightmove