Roberts Park, Woodbottom
Robert's Park, Woodbottom was a recreation ground between Otley Road and the River Aire, opposite Woodcote Avenue. This sometimes causes confusion because there is also a Roberts Park between Higher Coach Road and the River Aire near Saltaire.
It was called Roberts Park because it was given by Bertram and Eliza Roberts to the children of Charlestown and Woodbottom, for recreation purposes, in 1910 when they bought it from the Salt's Mill Company. It was sold by Baildon UDC in 1952 to W P Butterfield Ltd for them to expand their engineering works.
Read the Butterfield's page for more information about the area.
- The Land Aquisitions of Titus Salt by Ian Watson