This page will briefly describe the administrative history of Baildon with links to more detailed sections for the different kinds of administration.
Local Boards of Guardians were formed as a result of the the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834 though the Baildon Local Board of Guardians was formed in 1852. Elections were held on 16 Sept. 1852 and their first quorate meeting was on 9 Oct 1852. The last meeting took place 18 Dec. 1894. As a result of the Local Government Act 1894 Baildon became an Urban District on 1 Jan 1895 and was then administered by Baildon Urban District Council.
Baildon Urban District Council was established in 1895 and was disbanded when Bradford Metropolitan District Council was set up in 1974.
A group of local residents held an Open Meeting on 7th May 1997 and as a result the Baildon Community Council came into being on 26th June 1997.
Local elections were held on 3rd May 2007 for 2 of the proposed Baildon Parish Council wards. 4 other wards had 2 candidates each and so no elections were required in those wards. And 1 ward had no candidates.
Baildon Parish Council held its first full meeting 14th May 2007 with Cllr Mark Fisher taking on the Chairmanship for the first 12 months.
Baildon Neighbourhood Forums
To help with communication the Shipley Area Coordinators Office (part of Bradford Council) organises several Baildon Neighbourhood Forum meetings throughout the year.