At the meeting of the Baildon Board 4 Jan 1876 the Midland Railway Co plans for station at Baildon were approved.
Baildon station was opened on December 4th 1876.
At the meeting of the Baildon Board 7 May 1879 a diversion of the bridle path between the station and Langley Lane was approved.
At the meeting of the Baildon Board 23_Dec_1884 agreed that a request be made to Midland Railway Co. for the station to be illuminated by gas. See the Railway Walk Heritage Trail for more of the history about Baildon Station. The station was closed on 3 January 1953, though it opened again in January 1957 for three months at the time of the Suez crisis when petrol was in short supply. However, the line survived the Beeching closures of the 1960s and after much campaigning the station was reopened on 5th January 1973.
The line was originally double track, but was reduced to single track between Shipley and Guiseley in 1983. The old platform, now overgrown and a haven for birds and other wildlife, can still be seen opposite. It was reached by a footpath from Hoyle Court Avenue and a small gate, but originally there was an iron footbridge with attractive lattice work hand rails between the platforms at the Bradford end of the station, and the now disused platform once had another stone waiting room. That footbridge and waiting room were demolished soon after the line became single track (1983). The line was electrified in July 1995, having received government approval for electrification in November 1990.